We do not, as a matter of club policy, provide technical advice or trace the history of specific motor vehicles as a service for non-members.
The LVTA has a considerable number of documents and images, almost all of which are post World War II and apart from a few videos and DVDs, are all paper-based.
It is the Association's aim to store all material electronically for easier access by members, but this, as can be imagined is a huge job and will take. considerable amount of time to do.
The vast majority of the archives consists of copies of:
• LVTA newsletters and Vintage Taxi magazine
• London taxi trade newspapers
• London Taxi manufacturers advertising material
• Workshop manuals and parts lists for FX4 and TX models
• Non-fiction and fiction books concerning taxis
• Copies of dealers' sales registers for Austin and Beardmore
• Extensive photographic collection