For general enquiries about the LVTA, or about any aspect of London cab history or London cab trade history, please contacts via our enquiry line. We will do our best to provide you with an answer, but if we cannot do this directly, we will try to find an appropriate individual or organisation who may be able to help.
Please note: whilst we are very happy to help identify cabs from historic photographs to help family historians and others, and also to help with all general historical enquiries, we do not provide assistance to trace the ownership or history, to secure original registration numbers of existing vehicles for non-members.
For Membership Enquiries
For membership enquiries, please contact the membership secretary directly by clicking HERE
Contact the LVTA
The LVTA has a considerable number of documents and images, almost all of which are post World War II and apart from a few videos and DVDs, are all paper-based.
It is the Association's aim to store all material electronically for easier access by members, but this, as can be imagined, is a huge job and will take. considerable amount of time to achieve.
The vast majority of the archives consists of
• London Taxi manufacturers advertising material
• Workshop manuals and parts lists for most models, including FX3, FX4 and TX models
• Non-fiction and fiction books concerning taxis
• Copies of dealers' sales registers for Austin and Beardmore
• Extensive photographic collection
Plus copies of:
• LVTA newsletters and Vintage Taxi magazine
• London taxi trade newspapers
We are always happy to receive donated items, so if you wish to donate anything, such as trade magazines, photographs, trade memorabilia etc, please contact our archivist.