The London Vintage Taxi Association
The London Vintage Taxi Association (LVTA) respects your privacy and we will only use your information in the way we describe in this notice. When using your information we aim to be fair and transparent and to follow our obligations under UK data protection laws. Your information is used for administering club membership and activities and for facilitating the exchange of information of mutual interest between members.
The LVTA is the data controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Our club contacts for related matters are the Membership Secretary for personal information and the Vehicle Registrar for vehicle information. Contact details are printed in Vintage Taxi, the club magazine which is sent to all members.
Collecting your information
We collect your information when you fill in a membership application form or a vehicle registration form. The information you give us may consist of your name, address, telephone number, email address and, if registering a vehicle, details of the vehicle(s).
Using your information
We use your information to:
- administer your club membership and to send you the club magazine and information about the club, club membership and club events;
- inform the relevant Area or International Representative that you live in their area;
- confirm your eligibility to access the members’ Facebook page;
- answer your questions;
- inform you of individuals with an interest in any vehicle you have declared on the Vehicle Register for the purposes of film/television work, private bookings, publications and research, repair and restoration advice, exhibition/display, and spare part availability.
Legal basis for processing your information
Members of the LVTA between them possess a vast amount of knowledge of London-style taxis including their history, restoration, use and maintenance. The sharing of this information between members is a fundamental benefit of membership and serves to promote the preservation and display of these iconic heritage vehicles for the benefit of the general public and future generations. The LVTA has conducted a legitimate interest assessment (LIA) and identified that there is a legitimate interest in using members’ personal information for the purposes detailed above.
Sharing your information
Your personal information will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members when necessary for the above purposes. Details will not be disclosed to non-members without your prior consent on each and every occasion.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain your personal information for as long as you remain a member of the LVTA. Thereafter only your name will remain associated with your former membership number in case you re-join. When your membership lapses we will keep details of any vehicle(s) you registered (but not your personal details) in order to maintain some history of each vehicle which may be of interest to other owners, and to estimate the number of survivors of each type.
- You are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you and any vehicle(s) you have registered with us and to ask us to correct any inaccuracies.
- You may ask us to stop using your information and to delete it. If you ask us to do this we will not be able to continue providing club services.
When exercising either of these rights please in the first instance contact either the Membership Secretary or Vehicle Registrar as appropriate (contact details shown in Vintage Taxi).
- You may also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk).